Monday, 14 May 2012

Mr. Right Now cont'd

Tossing his sweaty tee at the laundry basket, Klien glanced out his bedroom window.  His gaze swept the beach as he kicked off his sneakers. A full moon reflected off the rolling waves, casting a silver blanket over the beach.
White sand spread out along the curve of the bay. He could see the faint bobbing lights of a yacht at the edge of the cliffs. "Great, yet another trespasser. Don't they know this is a private beach?" Heaving a breath, he turned, intent on showering before he headed out again. Every muscle froze, his eye catching the slim figure wandering along the edge of the water, her feet splashing in the waves.
His shower forgotten, Klien grabbed a fresh shirt and slipped into his sandles before heading outside. The wooden stairs creaked beneath his feet as he hurried down to the beach. Who was the woman? What was she doing on his beach?
Did she belong to the yacht? He shook his head, the questions rolling did little to ease the frustration boiling through him. Trotting down the sand he swallowed as he got closer.  An expensive evening gown clung to her figure, the hem a few inches below her behind. Dark hair spilled across pale shoulders to the curve of a luscious ass. The woman's hourglass figure was kissed by the night.
"Hey."
The woman whirled, her eyes widening in surprise. Full lips parted, the flash of white teeth hidden quickly as she regained her composure.
"Yes? Can I help you?"
"Yeah, you can. Do you know this is a private beach?"
The woman's brow crinkled and she shrugged. "Is it? I'm sorry, I didn't realize it. Just wanted to get away for a bit."
"And the luxury yacht isn't enough..."
"Its my fathers." All warmth bled from her voice as she glanced out to sea. "And I have little use for it. He's entertaining this evening."
"And you don't feel upto entertaining?"
She offered a cold, brittle laugh. "You could say that. Look, I'm sorry for trespassing. If you wouldn't mind terribly calling me a cab I'll leave."
Klein stared at her. Butterflies danced along his nerves as he stared at her. His irritation faded to be replaced by a burning need to spend more time with her. "No worries. I get kids coming by to make out and its a bit frustrating. I'm Klien Martria."
"Celine Kertall."
Shock ripped through the faint attraction as he stared at the woman before him. "Your father's..."
"Yes." Pain flashed in her eyes before she lowered them. "Could you call a cab for me?"
"Sure." Klein offered his hand. "Or I can drop you wherever you need to go? Or you could stick around and take a walk with me. I can't say as I blame you for wanting to take a stroll, its a beautiful night."
"Thank you." Slipping her hand into his, Celine offered a genuine smile.
Turning, Klein hid a grin at the electical shock racing up his arm. The night was turning around for him...

to be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment